[IRCA] Alberta TP/DU for 5 Sep 2010

I'd echo what Steve wrote, in that the high band DU stations were better here today also, and indeed 1548 was the strongest signal here too. Some interesting stuff on the X-band this morning. My low band was worse than Steve's though, as nothing on audio here below 1100 khz, not even 891. The action was all DU, other than the anomoly on 1475. This morning's audio, heard between 1240 and 1305:

1116 - 4BC, weak talk
1413 - unID, brief moments of audio @1250
1475 - traces of woman talking. Noticed this while I was trying to get audio on 1476 (unsuccessfully), and I don't know what it could be other than Malaysia. Actually on about 1475.01
1512 - 2RN - mandolin music on a Radio National program
1548 - 4QD, man interviewing a woman at 1253.
1566 - 3NE (presumed),  traces of talk and music
1593 - unID. Weak audio for a couple of minutes. Not in English, but definitely not the common CNR from China either. 1611 - unID, traces of pop music at 1253. 1629 - unID Australian. In English, with country music. Signal would have been perfectly readable at times, if not for IBOC noise, presumably from a U.S. station on 1640. Signal actually on about 1628.97 1638 - unID Weak, but seemed to include Arabic style recitations, so perhaps one of the Radio Lebanon outlets. Time pips at the hour were about 45 seconds early. 1701 - A mess here, with 3 signals of comparable strength, on slightly differerent frequencies. Audio on at least two. Brisvaani seemed to be one, but also heard traces of what sounded like Arabic.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Steve Ratzlaff wrote:

Better high band DU reception this morning with 1548 the star, hitting occasional weak levels with DU talk and lasting until almost 1340 utc; 567 very poor talk, presumed DU; 594 very poor/poor DU talk; 738 with poor DU + FF talk; 792 poor EE female vocal; 855 poor DU talk; 891 poor DU talk. All 1322-1340 utc.
73,
Steve
NE Oregon
R75, longwires