Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Modesto AM KMPH (840) will turn off August 31

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Modesto AM KMPH (840) will turn off August 31

To me, this is simply another indication that there are too many AM stations crammed into the band and that some, with today's unfortunate economic conditions for radio, simply aren't going to make it.

Regardless of what KMPH has for antenna patterns, their skip seemed to get out very well to the east as I caught them a few times here in IL via both sunset skip and once when they should have been on night pattern. This was on Phased BOGs aimed west and prior to KOA's IBOC.

73 KAZ