Re: [IRCA] The 1580 Spanish mystery continues

Re: [IRCA] The 1580 Spanish mystery continues

UNIDENTIFIED. 1580, another Saturday morning, Aug 7, so another session trying to pull anything identifiable out of the Spanish sportstalk I have been getting for weeks, only on Saturdays between 1300 and 1400 UT, underneath the open carrier from KOKB Blackwell OK, when applicable, and usually it is.

1312, tune-in, discussing Mundial de Sudáfrica. 1318 rolled tape until 1404 and may listen to it again sometime for any further details.

1322, tone and interruption by NWS flash flood advisory for NE Arkansas, which is hardly applicable to KHGG in NW AR. But KHGG is the main QRM to the Spanish, KHGG losing out as the hour proceeded.

1323, Spanish fades back in; 1329 still sports talk, mentions Copa América 2007. 1332 mentions about three times for upcoming partidos (games), maybe to be broadcast by same station. Then mentions Los Ángeles, Dallas, and some league with three or four initials in Spanish.

1345, fadeup again. This hour is just two guys conversing; not taking callers.

1348, break for promo or ad by screaming totally insincere announcer. Who falls for that? 1350 ad for leche(?), price in pesos(?), I think, which of course points to USM rather than USA source.

1351, sports discussion mentions El Salvador, Europa. KHGG seems to be gone by now.

1356, copied phone number clearly in Spanish: 633-8340. See below.

1359 fading, back up at 1403, still Spanish. 1404 another hard-sell ad, back to sports. 1410 mentions fútbol americano. 1415 gone as I quit; KOKB still open carrier.

Googling on 633-8340, pronounced 6-3-3-83-40 we get some intriguing hits; of course there could be others:

In 479 AC there is Massage Envy in Rogers AR, i.e. in KHGG coverage area.

In 719 AC, Health Partners in Colorado Springs, i.e. KREL country.

In 602 AC, it`s an active number in Phoenix, KMIK, territory, but everyone wants me to pay to find out who it belongs to.

Also hits in 307 AC for a window company in Cheyenne WY, but no 1580s around there; and in the 575 AC for Nara Visa NM, ditto (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)