[IRCA] ANZAC Day Radio Memories

For anyone interested:
---
ANZAC Day 2010
Radio Memories
______________

The Radio Heritage Foundation extends warm greetings to all veterans,
friends and families as we remember on April 25 2010.

Our good friends at Australian Old Time Radio have generously made
available a wonderful series of mini-radio documentaries that tell
the stories of Australian heroes over the years.

Some of you may be familiar with the series 'Citation' and now is a
chance to listen to it again:

"On www.australianotr.com.au/Citation.asp you will find our latest
project to Commemorate ANZAC Day.  The shows are only available on
the site until the end of April."

We invite everyone to download and listen to these programs.

We also remind you that our Armed Forces Radio Service [AFRS]
Memories features at www.radioheritage.net are always available for
free community access.

Although these concentrate on the American WWII stations in the
Pacific, some veterans may remember them. In New Zealand, 1ZM in
Auckland was handed over to AFRS in 1944 and became part of the
Mosquito Network centered in New Caledonia.

We also have a special feature on the AAAS stations that broadcast
for Australian personnel in the SW Pacific region and later in the
occupation forces with Japan.

There was also a New Zealand station at Kure which some people may
recollect. As always, if anyone has memories of listening to or being
involved with any of the stations - including the later stations in
Korea, Malaya and Vietnam - we're always pleased to hear from you.

Again, our warm greetings as we pause to remember, and an invitation
to enjoy the stories and memories of these AFRS and AAAS stations,
their music, personalities and events, and also the 'Citation' series
of radio documentaries.
---

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA