[IRCA] KFXY 1640 format change

** OKLAHOMA. Enid`s X-band station, 1640 has just changed format. It had been Fox sports talk, but who needs that with Chisholm Trail`s other station KCRC 1390 also sportstalk with ESPN?? Well, we ``needed`` that for several years. But this church-on-every-streetcorner town has an even greater ``need`` ---

First noticed April 6 as I tuned by at 0618 UT playing country gospel music! 0621 slogan thrice as ``solid gospel music``, and ``The new Faith 1640``. Are the calls still KFXY?

Yes, next check at 1557 UT again slogan ``The new Faith 1640``, and 1559 legal ID as ``KFXY, Enid-Oklahoma City, bringing you the best, a better variety of southern gospel music, the new Faith 1640``.

1600 into SRN News, which consists of two minutes of seemingly secular world news, a minute of religious promotion, and the remaining two minutes of the ``news`` with a pro-Christian, anti-Moslem slant.

1605 back to gospel music. Thus KFXY has switched from one totally useless format to another, as far as I am concerned. Now that I have got the word out, back to ignoring 1640.

As a reminder, this station is one of few on the X-band with a direxional antenna, same day and night, NNW/SSE from a site a few miles east of Hennessey, so it gets into city of license OK and also into Oklahoma City, 10 kW day and 1 kW night, --- but makes it difficult to DX in Europe, Australia and New Zealand, and also in much of North America, off the sides of the beam (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)