[IRCA] Alberta TP's for 19 March 2010

"An unusual morning, with things pretty so-so across the band, except for
1566 HLAZ from Korea, which was at a very good level @1330, about the
best signal I've heard from them all season.  Otherwise, it was the
big-gun Japanese at fair-good levels, with 594 being the best today, and
traces of audio from Japan on 1422, and from an unID station on  1548."

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Hello All,

Like Nigel and Nick, I also noticed the huge signal from 1566-HLAZ this
morning, which seemed strangely out of character with a generally mediocre
band.  It was far and away the best signal I've heard from them since  October.

When scanning the band quickly at 1407 with the 7.5" loopstick Tecsun
PL-380, the lower frequency TP's seemed pretty anemic-- but  HLAZ's signal was
unusual enough to grab the MP3 recorder for a  25-second Mandarin Chinese
recording: _http://www.mediafire.com/?zzmyxmdljzg_
(http://www.mediafire.com/?zzmyxmdljzg)

Whatever problems HLAZ had with modulation last season have certainly been
corrected.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup,  WA)