Re: [IRCA] 900 WATK WI new at Burnt River ON

Re: [IRCA] 900 WATK WI new at Burnt River ON

I wrote yesterday evening that I logged 900 WATK in Antigo WI, briefly overpowering CHML, at 2003 EDT. That was a new catch here, and only 250 watts on day pattern, on a temporary BOG to the west, across the ice on the lake.

Turns out the wire may be a good performer. Heard WATK again after midnight local time on what I'll presume is its night power of aboiut 190 watts. And 970 was a mix of ND and MN, among other relogs from that direction. Another new catch - 1090 Livonia MI WCAR with ETWN on its night pattern (more power at night than day), mixing with a station that sounded a lot like the Aurora CO Mexican-formatted station I heard in the fall, both u/WBAL.

This morning strong signals from the midwest again - KWMT 540 in IA, not heard very often at all here; 1090 from Rice Lake WI blasting in well after sunrise (WTIC IBOC still absent). And more from WI MN MI OH IL etc...

Tantalizing last night was nostalgia music (or possisbly old country) on 1190. I'm after SA; that's what I was chasing on 900 when I had the second logging of WATK, which is also country.

So I think it's the wire. Barry McLarnon did post on the IRCA list that cx were not so hot last night for him to the west, and he normally does better than me that way.

Saul Chernos