Re: [IRCA] unID help please - 1550 SS

On Thursday 04 March 2010 12:32:10 HASCALL, DAVID CIV DFAS wrote:
> Delaware, Ohio gets out really well on 1550 w/SS but they are regional
> MX.  Wouldn't think that they would mention Cuba or Havana unless as
> part of a news item.

They get out like bandits, I'd say.  There's no way they drop power at night
to 39 W.  In addition, I seriously doubt whether their directional pattern is
what it should be: a cardioid with a deep null to the north.  If they were
really using that, I wouldn't hear much from them even at their full daytime
power 500 W, but they bomb in here night after night.  Bet they're feeding
all the power to one tower.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON