Re: [IRCA] Montreal 690 & 940 to go SILENT?

On Friday 29 January 2010 13:34:09 Pete Taylor wrote:
> CINF 690 and CINW 940 have ceased operations as of 10 AM this morning.
> They are running announcements stating that they will be going off the
>  air  at 7 PM. According to CTV Montreal, Corus Entertainment will be
>  turning the licenses to both stations into the CRTC.
>
> Pretty amazing but I rather doubt the channels will remain vacant for
>  long. I look forward to the reports from those of you who have two nice
>  new clean frequencies to play with.

Shades of 1999!  The original occupants, CBF and CBM, went silent in early
1999 (January and May, respectively, I think), and CINF and CINW showed up in
November of that year.  For the months in between, 690 and 940 were a happy
hunting ground for AM DXers in the northeast.  I had a total of 30 new
loggings on those two channels during that period, but there's still lots
more stations to look for... should be fun!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON