[IRCA] Churchill Media shuts down 3 AM stations in Oregon

[IRCA] Churchill Media shuts down 3 AM stations in Oregon

KXOR 660, KLZS 1450 & KXDP 1040 have ceased operations on December 30, 2009.

Below is from KEZI website.

EUGENE, Ore. -- It's the end of the road for a Eugene-based company. Churchill Media announced Wednesday that the company has ceased operations and will begin an orderly liquidation of its assets.

The company blames the economy for the recent decision. Officials say their advertising revenue has been on the decline since the economy went downhill.

Churchill owns several spanish-speaking radio stations and a TV station in Mexico City. The company is now looking for a buyer.

"We are working to locate buyers for these media properties who we hope will continue to meet the needs of the Hispanic community," says Churchill Media owner Suzanne Arlie. "This was not an easy decision, but one which the deteriorating broadcast advertising market has forced us to make."

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA