[IRCA] Early skip fade

12-30-09 , 0800 to 0830 PST; Conditions this morning are radically different from previous AM skip days.Signals were already disappearing after 8 AM and by 8:30 the band was basically ground wave only with a few Portland stations audible,so I stopped monitoring and turned on the tv for the morning news.Are we getting some sun activity lately? After that one rainy Saturday night -Sunday morning ( did not note the date)back in November when there were tons of signals coming in and even on the normally western clears I could get one or more backgrounders,things just haven't been as good anymore.It appears that we're in for less than ideal skip from now on but only a day to day check will tell I guess.Bill in BC.