[IRCA] Radio Trackside New Zealand QSL + Info

[IRCA] Radio Trackside New Zealand QSL + Info

I sent about four or five follow-ups in November for the summer DU Season and got my first reply today from Graham Stevens, Trackside Media Consultant. He QSLed their outlet on 1071 kHz. in Asburton (coastal South Island, just south of Christchurch.) I was DXing from Grayland, using the first generation Wellbrook Array and my G313e.

He sent along an informative pamphlet on Trackside Radio in Kiwi Country. They simulcast on both AM and FM throughout NZ. Currently they have 9 AM and 10 FM on the North Island and 6 AM + 6 FM on the South Island... a total of 31 outlets to pretty well cover the country. From local 6AM to noon, they do a sports talk network BSPORT. The rest of the time they run live races, race commentary and race feature programs of thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing. Off track betting is the name of the game.

The 15 AM stations of Radio Trackside are located:

Hawke's Bay   549 kHz
Wellington        711
Wanganui        828
Manawatu        828