[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 15 Dec 2009

My experience with the Trans-Pacific signals this morning was much like Bill and Patrick. However, I was more than compensated with the other variety of TPs, i.e. Trans-Polar. Possibly the best opening yet, with a brand new country for me (Tajikistan) and my first ever morning reception of Iran.
Here's the run down on what I had with audio:

549 unID - woman talking @1443
639 unID -  male vocal, then talk by man @1433
675 unID - man and woman talking @1432 ,but too weak to ID language
693 unID - traces of audio with man speaking @1445
702 Iran - VOIRI opening anthem @1430 just as I've heard at 0300.
774 Japan - NHK timepips at 1500 was about all I got from Japan today
972 No sign of Korea today, just VOA Urdu from Tajikistan! Signal was better than //1539.
1026 Russia
1035 unID, traces of audio at 1434
1089 tough in the splatter, but seemed Russian
1107 unID - talk by a woman. Given propagation Urumqi likely. Typical Chinese time pips at 1500.
1134 China CNR1
1170 KJNP pretty much alone again
1296 unID - man and woman talking. Too weak to determine much, but Afghanistan likely given propagation conditions
1422 China - CRI in Urdu
1521 China - CRI in Russian
1539 UAE - VOA in Urdu
1548 Kuwait - Radio Sawa (surprisingly poor given the good opening)
1566 unID - audio for about 30 seconds at 1431 with woman talking. (Still dreaming of India!)
1575 UAE - Radio Farda

Regarding TAs tonight, reception in general is nothing exciting, except for some reason Estonia is doing really well on 1035.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta