Re: [IRCA] ULR DX....Milwaukee Panthers Basket ball...........

Re: [IRCA] ULR DX....Milwaukee Panthers Basket ball...........

Donald K. Kaskey wrote:
Rob,

Nice catch but it's the Wisconsin Badgers not Panthers :-) .

Don K.
S.F. CA

1130  WISN  Milwaukee, WISC. Nov/17/09  1725 EST  EE   FAIR
Male DJ spoke about the University of Wisconsin Panthers
Basketball Team. ID @ 1725 EST as "News Talk 1130 WISN".
2 Sportscasters with University of Wisc. Panthers Basketball Talk.

RELOG....BUT NEW to ULR # 750   50/10 KW
ROSS, ONT.
Hi Don:

Thanks for the email....but it was the University of Wisconsin @ Milwaukee PANTHERS...not the BADGERS!!

I have checked several sources on the Web..and it's the Panthers!! See excerpt below from one of the sites showing them as the Panthers

The *Milwaukee Panthers* (also known as the *UWM Panthers*) are the athletic teams of the University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee </wiki/University_of_Wisconsin%E2%80%93Milwaukee>. A total of 15 Panthers athletic teams compete in NCAA Division I </wiki/NCAA_Division_I>. Panthers have won the James J. McCafferty Trophy as the Horizon League </wiki/Horizon_League>'s all-sports champions five times since 2000.

The Badgers are the University of Wisconsin @ MADISON......See Excerpt Below...

The *Wisconsin Badgers* are the collegiate athletic teams from the University of Wisconsin--Madison </wiki/University_of_Wisconsin%E2%80%93Madison>. This NCAA </wiki/National_Collegiate_Athletic_Association> Division I athletic program has teams </wiki/Team> in football </wiki/American_football>, basketball </wiki/Basketball>, ice hockey </wiki/Ice_hockey>, volleyball </wiki/Volleyball>, soccer </wiki/Soccer>, cross country </wiki/Cross_country_running>, tennis </wiki/Tennis>, swimming </wiki/Swimming_%28sport%29>, wrestling </wiki/Collegiate_wrestling>, track and field </wiki/Athletics_%28track_and_field%29>, rowing </wiki/Rowing_%28sport%29>, golf </wiki/Golf>, and softball </wiki/Softball>. The Badgers have several major on-campus facilities, including Camp Randall Stadium </wiki/Camp_Randall_Stadium>, the UW Field House </wiki/UW_Field_House>, and the Kohl Center </wiki/Kohl_Center>. They compete in the Big Ten Conference </wiki/Big_Ten_Conference> in all sports except men's and women's ice hockey and crew. Ice hockey competes in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association </wiki/Western_Collegiate_Hockey_Association> and crew in the Eastern Association of Rowing Colleges </wiki/Eastern_Association_of_Rowing_Colleges> (EARC).

The athletic director is Barry Alvarez </wiki/Barry_Alvarez>, former head coach of the football </wiki/American_football> team. The Badgers team colors are cardinal and white, and the team mascot is named "Buckingham U. Badger," known as "Bucky Badger </wiki/Bucky_Badger>."

Looks like 2 Different Team Names for the same University located in 2 Different Cities!!!! I thought it was the Badgers too....so I looked it up to make sure I heard it correct!!

We learn something New every day eh????

73...ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA