[IRCA] TPs from Orcas Island: Sept 22

Things were quite similar to yesterday... The lower band was below average and only really saved by quite a burst just at max dawn and the upper band was the best of the season, for me. Above 1100 was still not great, but yesterday and today were far better than I have seen so far this season. Of the two, today was the most productive.

Several of us have been noting that the second and third tier of Japanese have been missing... or have stated that we haven't been hearing many JJ commercial stations. I've kind of concluded that the missing high band has largely been the culprit. Don't know why I haven't put the two things together before. Rapid decline of gray cells with advancing age is likely the cause.

The JJ commercials above 1100 kHz, all IDs presumed but pretty solid:

1107 JOMR, Kanazawa (first of season)
1242 JOLF, Tokyo
1260 JOIR, Sendai (first of season)
1278 JOFR, Fukuoka
1287 JOHR, Sapporo
1332 JOSF, Nagoya
1350 JOER, Hiroshima
1422 JORF, Yokohama
1440 JOWF, Sapporo (smokin' at max dawn)

Note, too, that these are scattered over the whole long country, not concentrated in Hokkaido and northern Honshu islands as is often the case.

The other main interests were:

702, VOR Japanese Service doing fairly well throughout dawn

1224 finally rose up to audio this morning and it was an Asian pop music station in non-JJ or CC. The only real possibility I see is a second KBS 3 "Voice of Love" station. I don't really remember being conscious of the Voice of Love in previous seasons. Love the name.

You all have a great day... another beautiful one in upper Puget Sound/Victoria.

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array + Superloops