Re: [IRCA] TP's for 09-18-09

Here are a few more goodies from this morning:

819 NORTH KOREA, amazingly good w/3+1 pips, then the usual diatribe in Korean 1300. It's only 1 kHz from a 10 kw local, so I was quite happy to have such clear reception.

999 UNID, pronounced het on KOMO 1304, but not good enough to produce audio

981   CHINA, CC talk fair in CKNW splat 1303

1071 Het here 1307. If I can get Korea on 819, then you guys in Victoria ought to log something here

855 Korean tirade on 855.05 at 1304. Sounded //819 even though they're supposed to be on different networks

850 KICY briefly alone w/ xtn music, legal ID by woman, the religious talk 1300, KHHO faded back up a minute later

780 KNOM, 1300 legal ID mixing w/KKOH, then both stations went into ABC news with a very slight echo between them

Bruce

Bruce Portzer wrote:
For me at least, it wasn't as good today as previous days, but still OK.

I listened live 1255-1315 and recorded other times on the SDR.   Highlights from live listening.

- I used 594 to ID NHK1 //s on 567 585 666 and 729, all of which were weak or had domestic splat.

- 738 sounded Korean again.  I'm surprised everyone else usually hears Taiwan.

- low band was good, upper band poor

- 657 was good w/the usual angry tirade

More details later tonight.

Bruce in Seattle