Re: [IRCA] 1568 spike

Walter Salmaniw wrote:
At 08:12 PM 9/10/2009, you wrote:
Good eye Nigel.  I thought I was getting something on 1552 as well, but I wasn't 100% sure due to the 1550 splatter.  I don't think Dennis, John B and the guys in Victoria can get the 1552 spike, since tey all have (semi) local stations on 1550.  Since Steve is hearing it all day, it sure points to KVAN-1560 as the culprit.  At first I wondered if it was from KGA, since the first appearance of the 1568 spike coincided with KGA's recent transmitter work, but apparently that's not the case.

Bruce

Interesting that I see no evidence of either the 1568 or 1552 spike here in Victoria tonight, fellas.  1566 from presumed Benin is showing up as a pretty powerful carrier on the waterfall now, though (03:50 UTC)....Walt

I don't see 1552 or 1568 tonight either, so whoever it was must've cleaned things up.
There's not much on 1566 in Seattle, just a very faint BFO whistle.  If it was any weaker it would be my imagination at work.

Bruce