[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-4...DX Dropoff

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-4...DX Dropoff

Hello All,

Inspired by the great TA reports last night from the Midwest (and
yesterday's hot TP conditions here), I was hoping for another great DXing  session
this morning-- but it was quite a decline from yesterday.

Once again DXing with the modified ICF-2010 and the 36" tuned passive loop,
 I listened from 1300-1330, and found only the powerhouse  frequencies
(594, 747, 972, 1566 and 1575) with much audio.  The "second tier" Asian
frequencies which had audio yesterday had only  moderate carriers today, and DU's
(always pretty tough here) were limited  to strong carriers on 639 and 783
(presumably the Kiwi, but never heard  with audio).

About the only station that was as strong as yesterday was the 738 "ragged
carrier" Asiatic TP, which came up in weak audio around 1315 that sounded
like Chinese to me (the 1143 Taiwan Fisheries parallel had only a weak
carrier  at the time). There was audio from 738-Tahiti in the null of the
nasty-carrier  TP, but only for a short time around 1320. I guess one of the rare
advantages of using loops instead of fixed external antennas is that you
can easily get a fairly precise bearing on a mystery station, like the 738
problem child.

73, Gary

Modified ICF-2010 (30" loopstick) + 36" Collapsible-frame PVC  loop