Re: [IRCA] Aug 30 TPs from Orcas Island: HOO BOY!

Re: [IRCA] Aug 30 TPs from Orcas Island: HOO BOY!

Hi John,

I used my rotating ALA100 for recording with Perseus this morning, from
1230-1330 UTC, aimed to the southwest for DUs. Unfortunately all I found on
the files was a weak 738 Tahiti in French...not even any hets! Bummer.

Either this antenna has a problem, or conditions were really crummy. I was
hoping for a DU morning.

John, it's interesting that you mention the 1260 frequency. In listening to
an April 20th Perseus WAV file last night, I logged a  Japanese on 1260
kHz-- JOIR in Sendai (TBC network). I have only heard this once before, in
November of last year. After your mention of the Korean, I took another
listen. Yep, what have on the frequency is definitely Japanese. The WAV file
was recorded with the QDFA array antenna; its directionality turned the
domestics on 1260 into a murmur and allowed the JOIR station to be the
dominant one by far.

 I've never heard Korean on 1260. Nice going on hearing the 10kw Korean,
John.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA