[IRCA] TP for 30Aug09: not too good again

[IRCA] TP for 30Aug09: not too good again

This morning's observations are via Perseus SDR timed recordings from 12:58 to 13:25 (I had to drive my daughter to the airport).  Overall, I wasn't impressed by conditions when I returned home.  They seemed even worse than yesterday's.  My antenna used was a south direction very large diameter corner fed loop (seems best to pick up the DUs).  On the top end of the band, I did notice 1566 HLAZ stronger than 1575, but still anemic.  Not much else up there.  Back to the bottom and the usual DU stations were simply fairly weak.  603 was there briefly with fair to good audio sounding like Maori type music...perhaps the NZ Radio Waatea in Auckland.  963 at 13:10 was quite strong with devotional music, probably Southern Star.  Yes, they ID'd at 13:09:12.  At the other end, I noted 1287 presumably JOHR at poor level at 13:10.  828 seemed to be the NHK2 at 13:09 at fair level with a lot of splatter // to better 747 and 774.  783 had some pretty modern pops...?Access Radio in Welling!
 ton is my guess.  Sure did not sound typical JJ or KK.  756 perhaps the strongest DU with good reception of NZ weather including Wellington at 13:09:30 (windy and rainy).  RFO on 738 heard at very good level at 13:14.  No sign of DU cochannel this morning.  Fiji heard with weak audio on 639.  Big signal, but very little modulation.  531 noted with weak talk at 13:16.
Sorry for the somewhat rambling report this morning, but the fatigue factor has kicked in!  Hope for better conditons tomorrow.  SF was 68, K3 and A2.  .....Walt