[IRCA] Orcas Is. TPs for Thursday Aug 20

[IRCA] Orcas Is. TPs for Thursday Aug 20

It was a pretty darn wonderful morning!

Thanks to my location and antennas, both of which favor East Asia over DU, I had an excellent early season East Asian morning. However, I saw enough DU hets to know that things would have been HOPPING at Grayland for DUs and East Asians both. Here, it was an excellent early Asian AM. The Asians peaked about 10 minutes before local dawn, the DUs at dawn. (T=Threshold level)

567 DU het
576 DU het
594 JJ at a 7 level
612 DU Aussie talk that I could briefly follow @dawn
747 JJ LOUD
756 DU Threshold
774 JJ LOUD
828 JJ Decent
837 Unk. T
855 N.KK T
873 JJ Decent
891 JJ Decent
918 CC T
936 CC T
954 JJ T
963 CC and a second audio T
972 KK LOUD
1008 DU T
1053 KK Jammer Weak
1062 Unk. T
1143 JJ Decent
1242 JJ Decent
1269 Unk. T
1287 JJ Decent
1386 JJ T
1566 KK Great carrier, very undermodulated
1575 VOA Thailand T+

All are presumed station IDs, except NHK2 747//774//828//873 and NHK1 594//891

Honestly, in my 9 years of fall DXing from this site, I don't think that I've ever seen a more classic list of all of the biggest East Asian Guns. Even the three Chinese are the most regular ones here later in the Fall.

It must have been wonderful at the coast. I wonder if Guy was DXing ultralights down on the Oregon coast?

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array + Superloops