[IRCA] Falkland Islands Radio Service

After exchanging a few emails with the FIRS Station Manager, Corina Gross, I
requested some promo material from them. It took only 12 days to get here,
but I got a beautiful Falkland Islands Radio Service Postcard/QSL card and 5
bumper stickers.

The station has a website at http://www.firs.co.uk where they stream live,
but only during selected time. Going to the website will tell you, in GMT,
when they stream. They are having problems with their website, but streaming
and their streaming schedule is available.

The Falkland Islands Radio Service operates on multiple frequencies
including 531kHz, along with 96.5mHz, 102mHz and 105mHz. The AM signal is
15,000 Watts, and I presume it to be non directional. The FM transmitters
are scattered through out the island and range from 5 Watts to 2000W
I just thought some of you might find this useful and/or interesting!

Now I await a postcard, stickers at airchecks from V7AB 1098kHz and a tshirt
from "Magic 89.1" A3V Radio in Tonga!

--
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.