Re: [IRCA] Ultralight Radio Co-Conspirators Heading to Grayland

At 18:53 7/11/2009, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Eager to test out the new DSP-enhanced Tecsun PL-300WT and Grundig G8
>Ultralight radios in actual TP and DU DXing, John Bryant and I will be traveling
> to the Grayland Motel on the Washington state ocean coast today, hopeful
>of  snagging some nice South Pacific DX during extremely early (and short)
>dawn  enhancement periods.

Good luck with the DX Gary and John.   Just recently at a coastal site in central Georgia Strait, I found that you can get some DU (particularly New Zealand) fade-ins around 0600UT, that the Asiatics were in from a few minutes before 1100UT to 1130UT or so (if they were in at all), with Aussies peaking around 1200.  I think that Grayland sunrise is about 10 minutes later at this time of year than where I was.

best wishes,

Nick