De: "D1028Gary@xxxxxxx" <D1028Gary@xxxxxxx>
Para: ultralightdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Enviado: sábado, 11 de julio, 2009 15:53:33
Asunto: [IRCA] Ultralight Radio Co-Conspirators Heading to Grayland

Hello All,

Eager to test out the new DSP-enhanced Tecsun PL-300WT and Grundig G8
Ultralight radios in actual TP and DU DXing, John Bryant and I will be traveling
to the Grayland Motel on the Washington state ocean coast today, hopeful
of  snagging some nice South Pacific DX during extremely early (and short)
dawn  enhancement periods.

Traveling separately, John will be bringing his outstanding,
state-of-the-art Wellbrook Loop array for setup between the motel and  the ocean beach,
while I will be bringing a somewhat more modest system  developed during
recent experimentation-- a collapsible-frame 8' (diagonal)  tuned passive loop
constructed with lightweight PVC, and also an all-PVC  altazimuth tilting
base. Of course I don't seriously hope to compete with  him in chasing DX, but
these ultra-cheap PVC systems certainly provide huge  DXing gain for the $50
investment-- and work perfectly with the overload-proof  PL-300WT and G8
DSP-system radios.

Guy Atkins wished to join us for the DX sessions, but was unfortunately
wasn't able to fit it into his schedule. We do plan to welcome him for a nice
Sunday lunch together at the best restaurant in Grayland, however, and
share our  impressions of the sunrise DX (or lack thereof). John plans to stay
an extra day  to enjoy Monday morning DXing, during which he will probably
enjoy the best  DXing session of the decade-- right after Guy and I are safely
back in  Puyallup.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.