Re: [IRCA] Grundig G8 Continues to Amaze on FM

Re: [IRCA] Grundig G8 Continues to Amaze on FM

Hi all:

I second Gary's comments, from the perspective of selectivity.  I am in
Paris at the moment, where flamethrower FM stations are spaced only 0.4
mhZ apart.  Between 88 and 108 mhZ there are 48 stations that serve the
metro area(!), compared to much less than half that number in Seattle.
After turning on the Tecsun PL-300WT and telling it to scan and enter all
the stations into memory, it has absolutely no trouble keeping them all
separate.  Additionally, they all come in perfectly in stereo, so whatever
multipath and other problems might be present on many receivers, this
little guy brings all stations in with ease.  The most impressive thing is
that a few semi-locals are also heard, thanks to the excellent
sensitivity, and even with the locals blaring away 0.2 mhZ on either side,
the semilocals are heard without any interference.

MW is also fun here, in that there are only a couple MW stations left in
the Paris area, so that at night the band is fairly wide open.  The 300 kW
local flamethrower on 585 is easily kept in check, allowing DXing on 576
and 594.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA (usually)