Re: [IRCA] Possible Russian satellite programming on 1710??

Re: [IRCA] Possible Russian satellite programming on 1710??

 Hi Steve,

Since the collapse of the USSR, Russia has "thrown open the doors" to many
beliefs, activities, philosophies, and religions. Evangelical Christianity
grew at a rapid rate in Russia in the late 1990s.

Wikipedia says that there are over 1 million Protestant Christians in Russia
now. This source also says "There are Evangelical Christians - Baptists
(most numerous), Lutherans, Pentecostals, Adventists, Methodists, Quakers
and nearly all other known Protestant denominations presented in the
country. By the opinion of Keston Institute, Protestants are widely present
and may well outnumber the Orthodox in some places of Siberia. There are
very few "nominal" believers among them: everywhere they preach, pray and
often struggle against local bureaucracy to acquire their rights. Anyway,
they are also regarded as respectable, hard-working citizens."

Not only is there Christian programming on satellite that originates in
Russia, there are AM/FM outlets (such as FEBC's Khabarovsk outlet on 1188
kHz). I seem to remember logging a Russian on the tropical bands a year or
two ago with Christian preaching.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA