Re: [IRCA] 1710

At 09:10 AM 5/21/2009, you wrote:
>Thanks.  My first thought that it was one of the NE US stations, but I
>could not get a peep off any anenna other than the NE EWE, including the
>beverage.  Later on, a weaker signal showed up on the SW EWE. I am
>thinking maybe a FE Russian, as it did not meet the LSR time for Europe,
>and it stayed in until I went to bed. There are some commercial FE
>stations and maybe someone has started up a new one on 1710, or some
>pirate.  It is not a Radio Rossii or any other Russian I have heard.
>Raydo Eiress (Air-ess), I have never heard.  I wonder if something new?
>I have never heard a Russian on 1710 before.I have a full 90 minutes on
>cassette, with IDs.  I will try again toniight. Maybe some others like
>Nick, Walt, Steve, etc will give this a shot. But I still have been
>leaning on  FE Russia, but just a guess.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager

I'm picking up a weak signal (talk, could be Russian, but too weak to be sure) with occasional fade-ups.  As this is around 6:30 PM local, no way that it's FE Russia, I'm afraid.  My antenna DF suggests south from me with max. signal.  Puget sound makes sense to me.  Assuming they're still there as it gets dark, I should be able to ID this one.  You're likely listening to a program name.  Will check later on, Patrick.  Rather strident talk, that's for sure.  Now that's weird....1640 has the familiar IBOC signature on Perseus, then it was gone for about 30 seconds at 01:41:30 UTC, now it's back.  Strange!  I'm measuring 1710 at about 1709.984 on the Perseus after calibrating with IBOC 1380.....Walt.