Re: [IRCA] EAS on 1450

> > > I was monitoring 1450 tonight for work and heard two
> > > separate EAS tests at about 10pm. One had the old
> > > dual tones, so it was probably a required
> > > monthly test.
> >
> > New Jersey stations ran one last night for an Amber
> > Alert. I heard one on 97.9 out of Millville NJ. It
> > wasn't a monthly test though and the old-style tones
> > were used. maybe you had the New Brunswick station
> > on 1450?
>
> In that case the second one could have been AC on 1450.

I heard that a minute or two before the other one, and it seemed shorter.
No dual tones noticed, and the data bursts were only maybe 10-20 seconds
apart.  May have been a normal weekly EAS test from somewhere else and only
a coincidence on the timing.  Somewhat weaker, too.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI