Re: [IRCA] OT Computer issue

I had nearly identical issues to Pat's!  Count me as one who installed
Firefox over the last couple of years and yes it helped but did not
fully eliminate similar problems that Patrick has experienced.  Pages
that would load fine suddenly would get "Page can not be displayed"
errors.  Repeadetly hitting F5 (refresh shortcut) in IE would eventually
allow the page to load.  Firefox would normally load the "trouble" pages
but not always and they would take forever.  FF had a higher success
rate than IE.  Sometimes rebooting the PC helped for a while also.

I did all the defrags, virus and adware scans and so on and I still had
issues.

The true solution, however was not switching to Firefox or restarting
the PC, it was changing providers.  I think Pat is on dial-up but I had
supposedly high speed internet from Comcast.  Once I went to AT&T
U-Verse, the page load errors went away even with IE.  My U-Verse speed
is 1.5 Mbps, which is four times slower than Comcast's 6.0 but the pages
load so much quicker and that is a biggie for me and the wife.

If you are on dial-up, could it be a noisy line?  Too low of bandwidth?

Dave in Indy

Message: 6