Re: [IRCA] WAPZ-1250

Ahhh, I remember WAPZ from just 4 years ago before current management (Scott
Fybush, remember Michael Rice from Missouri?) took over. The station played
some quite suggestive R & B and they had a terrible signal with an old tube
transmitter and softening tubes.

back then, they didn't use their night power because the transmitter
couldn't drop that low and they were sometimes off the air on Sunday
afternoons.

They have a nice tall tower and a beautiful building right along Highway 231
(I think?) in Wetumpka heading out of Montgomery. I've been in the building,
it is quite large.

Paul Walker
www.onairdj.com