Re: [IRCA] The 980 Western Mysteries Continue

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 00:42, Bruce Portzer wrote:
> I checked the FCC website, and figured out that the west Texas
> station, KHOS Sonora, has been off the air for a while. The FCC
> refused to renew its license in 2005 because it had been silent for
> three years and the owner hadn't notified the FCC.  That's not to
> say it's not your Praise 980 station - maybe someone came across
> their transmitter and fired it up recently, not realizing they
> needed a license to operate it :-) Unlikely, I would think, but not
> totally implausible

I was wondering about KHOS too... although their license was
cancelled, there are still a lot of references to them on the net,
showing them on the air with religious content.  It wouldn't be the
first time a deleted station remained on the air... one current
example is WJCC-1700, heard a few days ago by Chris Black.  And I
think there's one in Michigan, but the call and frequency escape me
right now.

I wish I was close enough to join in the hunt!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON