Re: [IRCA] Wi-Fi legality (OT)

One quick comment on the whole virus issue...

When I am in a situation when a virus infection may be possible, I shut the
computer down and reboot from a CD-based Linux operating system.  A CD
simply cannot be infected.  Knoppix is a free and downloadable Linux-based
system.  While the system can write to a hard drive or USB drive, it sets
those to read-only by default.  If I had to make a simple and portable
computer, it would run off the Knoppix CD.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI