Re: [IRCA] WSAR DX test heard

Bill,

Are you sure you heard "..country WCTY" exactly like that? As far as I know,
WCTY id's as "Your continuous country favorites, 97.7 WCTY" or some vartion
thereof switching around the placement of the slogan and call letters, but
I'm pretty sure they almost always ID at least as "97.7 WCTY"

They were the closest station to where I went to high school and where I
spent a year or two after school, so I listened to them frequently and
remember them well.

I'm alos not aware of any 1480 in the New England that would rebroadcast
WCTY and Hall Communications, Inc (WICH, Inc) owns no sattions on 1480 AM.

Could you have heard something else and it simply sounded like "WCTY"?

Oh, by chance, would you happen to have an audio clip of "..country WCTY"
that you can share by email?

I'm not trying to criticize you at all, just help out, 'cuse now you've got
me curious about what you heard!

Paul Walker
walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx
www.onairdj.com