From: "Mike Stonebridge " < stonbrdg @ abnorth .com>
To: " IRCA Group" < irca @hard-core-dx.com>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 9:03:09 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [ IRCA ] New Hawaiian heard

Hi Everyone:

Yesterday afternoon I was going thru my list of unlogged Hawaiian stations and noticed KUMU -1500 was amongst them. Normally KSTP dominates here with a very loud signal, but as the St Paul/Minneapolis sunrise is much earlier than here this time of year, I thought I might have a chance at logging them. So for an over night session I set my timer/radio on 1500 and crossed my fingers. Naturally the first 8 TOH IDs were all from KSTP . At 06:00 and 07:00MST there was someone under KSTP , but I know not who. At 08:00 (10:00EST) I heard the following ID "something unintelligible followed by 1500 KUMU Honolulu." The ID was heard again at 09:00, though not as clearly. This is only my second new Hawaiian station logged in the last 22 years. If only they were all as easy as this one had been.

Mike in St Isidore, AB with AOR 7030+ and 1000' E/W beverage

For more information: http :// www . ircaonline .org