From: Tom Jasinski <amdxer@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Ground Resistance
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, 11 March, 2009, 3:34 PM

There has been some recent discussion about outdoor antennas and grounds.
No one has mentioned what a good ground RESISTANCE is.  Here is my two cents
worth.

Since last fall I have been measuring ground resistance from four TEST
ground rods in my back yard.  The rod specs are as follows;  one 3/4" dia
10 foot copper clad steel, one 5/8" dia X 8 foot copper clad steel, one
1/2"
dia X 30 inch copper tubing (some people call it pipe) and one 5/8" X
24"
copper clad steel.

This is what I read today for each of these rods using a 3 point method with
a B&K Model 309 ground resistance meter.

10 footer has around 10 ohms

8 footer has around 23 ohms

30 incher has 166* ohms

24 incher has 175* ohms