Re: [IRCA] Ground Resistance

Neil Kazaross wrote:

In normal non saturated areas of my properties, I can usually pound in a 5' piece of 1" copper pipe, but the last couple of feet are a superb workout. I don't think that I'd be able to pound in a 10 footer in most places.

Have you tried soldering a male garden hose fitting to the top of the pipe and feeding a hose to it? The water running from the pipe bottom makes getting the pipe in a lot easier. It probably wouldn't help in really rocky soil, but it does in soils with small rocks.

With a little up and down and side to side motion, you can work the rod right into the ground. Then the ground settles in around it after the water is turned off.

Certainly nor something that would be workable in winter though. But frozen soil is hard to deal with even with a fence post driver and conical tip on a pipe then.

Rick Kunath, k9ao