Re: [IRCA] 0607 UTC Absolute Radio on 1215 & more

I wasn't using TA antennas last night but around 0530 there was trace audio on 1206 and 1134 and quite a few carriers like 909,882, 873. Earlier there was trace audio on 1521. 73 KAZ Barrington IL

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Sherman" <georgesmn@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 1:51 AM
Subject: [IRCA] 0607 UTC Absolute Radio on 1215 & more

Did anyone DX TAs? Was it a good night? I just tuned into MW at this time and heard what was presumably Absolute Radio playing "Every Breath You Take" by The Police. This may have been the first time I've IDed a song on a MW TA!

Also, a few others with audio & several more carriers. Static levels were even stronger than IBOC(!) with storms in IA, MO, & NE.

This morning, between 0900-1000 I had a very weak carrier from the W on 1035 (had New Zealand here, ages ago), nothing else at all. I could tell hours before that Japan wouldn't be coming in by checking high latitude paths using BC longwave beacons like ZP-368 in Sandspit, 100 mi S of Alaska. 73, George S., MN