Re: [IRCA] Talking House

I have a talking house (Radio Realty brand) that I have had for quite a
few years. It has front panel digital frequency selection. I used it to
tune my analog GE SRIII to a specific frequency since the slide rule
dial on the SRIII was just a guessing game. I'd set the transmitter to
the frequency I wanted, peak tune the SRIII to the center of the
frequency, turn the transmitter off, and the SRIII was perfectly tuned.
The transmitter has a front panel peaking capacitor and a meter to allow
you to tune to maximum output power on the selected frequency. It has a
thick flexible rubber coated wire antenna coming out of the back.
Ideally you would sit it near a window in the house you were selling,
hang the antenna over a curtain rod, plug in a tape recorder, and let it
run. I actually considered starting a small part-time business of
renting these out to local realtors and setting them up on site about 10
years ago when the housing market was good. I once saw one of these in
use at a self serve car wash to give instructions to the customers.
Anyone ever see them used in businesses other than real estate?

Patrick Griffith, CBT CBNT CRO
Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/