Re: [IRCA] Talking House Antenna

Bert -

I remember a set-up similar to what your are describing.  There was a house here in Billings that had a set-up with info available via your car radio.  I think they used 1610 as the transmitting frequency.  The antenna set-up could be seen from the car.  It was a long-wire strung from the two far points on the roof.  I'm not sure what the power level was but it didn't get out much beyond about a block away.  I do remember however, being a DX nut back then too, being able to pick them up at times from my house which was about 4.5 blocks by air from that house.  It's kind of funny.  Whenever I drive by that house now, I still think of the mini radio station that was once set-up there.  For $50, I would grab it quick.  If it was anything like that set-up, it's well worth the 50 bucks.

Cheers,
Ty
mtdxguy@xxxxxxxxx
Located in S.E. MT - Billings