[IRCA] Talking House Transmitter for Sale

[IRCA] Talking House Transmitter for Sale

     I wonder if this is a good deal. I was considering buying this for my school and having it in addition to the amateur radio setup I'm about to install. Any thoughts?
     THE "TALKING HOUSE" TRANSMITTER was originally manufactured for real estate agents and home owners who wanted to broadcast a recorded message advertising a house for sale. This transmitter is placed inside the home and it transmits messages and announcements that can be received on any standard AM radio. The transmitter closely resembles a small VCR and it will broadcast a 100mW signal to any standard AM radio within range. The transmitter soon caught the interest of hobby radio enthusiasts and eventually it became a popular device for aspiring DJ's and announcers who wanted to create their own neighborhood radio station. The transmitter does not require any license to operate and it is completely self contained with everything necessary for easy set up and operation. It will broadcast on any frequency between 530 KHz to 1700 KHz with 100 milliwatts output which is the full legal limit allowed for unlicensed operation. The transmitter features LED frequency selection that locks in for a drift free signal on the AM broadcast band. It even features a built in antenna tuner that will automatically calibrate the transmitter for maximum performance to the supplied antenna. The typical range using the supplied 10 foot wire antenna usually averages about ¼ mile in a suburban area. An external antenna can also be connected to the Remote Antenna Jack on the back panel. Audio can be recorded using built in microphone which stores a 5 minute message that continuously repeats on the audio loop chip. Live audio can also be fed using the Direct Live Input Feed Jack on the back panel. This transmitter can be used to broadscast local messages to recreation facilities, camp grounds, stadiums, block parties, neighborhood fairs, church and school events, or you can just have fun and set it up to create your own neighborhood radio station! Complete with AC adapter included. Excellent condition. Ready to go on the air! $50.00 + $15.00 shipping. Contact KA2EEV@xxxxxxx Please visit the following website for additional information on this transmitter http://www.actradio.com/another_use/anotheruse.html

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!