Re: [IRCA] 1630 Toledo OH (area) TIS

On Thursday 26 February 2009 22:14, Chernos Saul wrote:
> I had this again tonight, with mentions of Toledo and NW Ohio.
> Barry, did you have an actual transmitter in mind? My lists don't
> have anything up that way as far as HARs or other TIS-like
> utilities.

Yes, this is almost certainly WQEU865 (3 sites, all in Toledo).  Ohio
DOT confirmed that they rebroadcast the NOAA/NWS weather for NW Ohio
when they're not carrying traffic info.

> More interestingly, I also had what sounded like the same station,
> with what sounded like NW Ohio, on 1620. However, a few minutes
> later I was getting Penn DOT there.

There are a few Ohio DOT transmitters on 1620, though they're more in
NE Ohio... haven't heard 'em here.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON