Re: [IRCA] KVAN 1560 Burbank-Kennewick, WA Sold

Re: [IRCA] KVAN 1560 Burbank-Kennewick, WA Sold

On 13-Feb-09, at 10:38 AM, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:

Since this station gets mentioned on the DX lists, I thought I'd post this,
from www.allaccess.com:

In other deals filed with the FCC, COMPADRES, LLC is selling Talk
KVAN-A/BURBANK, WA-TRI CITIES to CENTRO FAMILIAR CRISTIANO for $500,000

Taking an educated guess, expect to see KVAN go spanish christian sometime soon.I didn't see an LMA (lease) on file, so presumably they won't operate
KVAN till the FCC approves it in 60 to 120 days.

This station puts a lot of power to the NE nights and here in Calgary AB
is often near local levels in signal strength. Enjoy listening to their
easy listening/jazz format at times. Were coming in well last night
on my one tube 1A5 regen receiver. Also enjoyed them when they were oldies
a year or so ago. Will be sad to see them go Spanish...

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO
Calgary AB