Re: [IRCA] end of good TA on west coast?

Things are down somewhat here in IL also. Earlier 0003 531 had RNE nx and sports rpt rather than Faroes. 1134 was good earlier but not now. LW is still good. 252 Algeria atop now (0305) whereas earlier was Ireland atop. 198 BBC nx IDed at 0300. 162 FF strong. 183 Germany decent in FF, 189 Iceland good but was better last night. 171 good but not as strong as yesterday. 73 KAZ

Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] end of good TA on west coast?

Yes, and things have only gone downhill since my earlier post.  All I
get now are weak carriers on 1575, 1539, 1521, 1215, 1134, 1107, 1089,
918, 855, 819, and 531.  Most of them are so weak I wouldn't even have
paid them any attention the past evenings.   Oh well, it was certainly
fun while it lasted.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Steve Ratzlaff wrote:

As Nigel gave us west coasters some advance notice of poor TA, it's
certainly poor here. First check at 0047 utc, 171 Morocco at fair S2
level, 207 with poor signal; only weak MW hets on a few channels.
At 0119 utc, 171 is down to S0 with fades down to inaudibility;
nothing anywhere else.
There was a notice on another list of a sudden geomagnetic impulse
this afternoon; I don't know if that would affect conditions so soon,
or if at all. But it does appear west coast TA is pretty much gone, at
least for right now.
Steve
NE Oregon