Re: [IRCA] Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

Re: [IRCA] Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

Walt,

I talked to John about the Wellbrook loops at Grayland and looked at
them.  I really don't have any room to set one to the NE. The only
antenna I have to the NE is the SW EWE and I have thought of the NE EWE,
but the return coax will be sitting under 3-4 feet of water in the
Winter. I have plenty of room in "certain" directions, but not always
the direction I want. :-) The Wellbrook would also have to be pointed to
the NE/SW correct, as would a EWE? So I am in the same boat. I could put
a 700' beverage to the North again (maybe), with 150 feet of buried
coax, but I have that neighbor to the West of me with the light dimmers,
so that is another issue in running any antennas over towards that
house. They have been threatening to move for years and are elderly, so
maybe in time they will move. The previous person there had no noisy
lights.  I found no TA LW activity on any of the other antennas period!
Just the Eastern beverage brought them in. If it wasn't was the noise
level, many would have been excellent. They were S9 or better in many
cases, but the buzzy noise level is an issue too. There seem to be an
issue with the EWEs, vertical, etc on TA's. I get them but not as good
as I wished. The EWEs are excellent on TPs though. I guess I am trying
to have my DX Cake and eat it too. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin