Re: [IRCA] Palstar Receivers

> >I don't have one, check out Gerry Thomas' review (he of Quantum Loop
fame)
> >of the Palstar, where he compares it with a Drake R8 and NRD-535.  On a
> >test with a 590 khz/591 khz situation, the R30 did pretty well.
> >
> >His review is at:
> >http://www.chowdanet.com/markc/webpage/WN1ION1967/palstar_r30_review.pdf
> >

> ....and, of course, this article is also available in the IRCA reprints
CD....

Or I could just go to my office and look at the file.  (grin)  The web
server for Chowdanet is in my office.  It's also the machine that does the
twice-daily NOAA WWV posts.  Some time back I gave some web space to Mark
Connolly so others could access his material.

FWIW, Chowdanet is an old 80's vintage FIDO BBS.  Still runs Wildcat
software.  Dialup and Telnet access.  There are thousands of older radio
related files, mostly Ham stuff.

I think I mentioned this before, but if anyone needs email access by a
dialup connection, I can provide that for free.  I have two domain names
associated with the BBS.  They are chowda.com and chowdanet.com with email
for both with a very heavy duty spam filter.  I've used an email address
from there since 1991.  I also host the SMTP mail server, so it's secure and
not to be taken away by some ISP.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI