[IRCA] Returning to Canada - More E100 Slider adventures

[IRCA] Returning to Canada - More E100 Slider adventures

Our last day in Honolulu was Sunday - with a scheduled
10:45PM departure became 5:30AM (snow in Vancouver and
Toronto created havoc and delays...)

Everyone in our departure gate became fast friends
(including one of Canada's most important men, Phil Fontaine, National
Chief of the Assembly of First Nations) - one fellow in the
gate caught my eye. He was listening to radio on an SRF59!

We finally arrived in Vancouver at about 1:20 PM Monday,
but delays at customs and arrivals cost us our guaranteed
re-book on the 2 PM 15 minute commuter to Victoria.

A harried looking booking agent said that the flights
for the rest of the day were pretty booked up
but "had a good feeling" and got us on stand-by,
the next flight being 3 PM.

We got on it.

We were moving so quickly that our checked bags (containing
the Eton E100 slider and various purchases, gifts and clothing)
could not keep up.

It is Tuesday now and we are eagerly awaiting confirmed
delivery of our tardy bags.

It was a great vacation - but it is good to be back.