[IRCA] DXing from Hawaii question

Ok. Running the risk of complete humiliation... but what the heck.

I know that there are some experts on this list
that would have a bunch of frequencies
that they would be scanning... if they
were at this exact location.

For me - this is kind of upside down land.
I have not done my homework and have not
brought some of my pacific references and
logs of other people to sift through some
of the routine stuff...

So here is the deal.
When I was up this AM, I find signals with audio
on virtually every 9khz channel from 972khz to the
top of the dial. Yes lots of Korean, Japanese, Thai
and even languages I do not recognize.

What I would like are a couple of tips... like:

"Hey, Colin, if I were there, I would tune to
XXX khz at sunrise and listen for a certain kind of
music - this is a great opportunity to pick up
India, pakistan, Bangladesh, Kenya, etc..."

A few good tips - I know that they are out there.

Feel free to respond on the list or reply via
e-mail - I won't tell anyone. :-)

Thanks and best 73

PS: A debt of gratitude on this trip is owed to Gary Debock,
an easy candidate for DXer of the Year (if there is such an award...
and if there isn't there should be!)
Without whose endless assistance, the success thus far would not
have been possible - I have a modified radio, the Eton E100 slider
that thinks it is a communications receiver - It is leaving everything
else utterly in the dust. Thank's Gary - you are a Prince!