Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Russia 180

Patrick,
I have heard modulation on 180 KHz at local noon during several  winters in a
quiet location. The carrier is always detectable with a BFO. 180  (Petro)
sunset is around 0510 UTC this week. 279 has been the strongest TP this  season
out here. Full listenable quality on consumer Grundig portables with  their
built in ferrite antennas. In fact, 279 beats 774 and 972 in reliability  night
after night in terms of what I would call a monster signal.

The Alaskan longwave beacons with voice weather have also been strong,
including 529 KHz in a battle with Cuba on 530.

73's
Brock