www.perseus-sdr.blogspot.com

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:26:51 -0800
From: Walter Salmaniw <salmaniw@xxxxxxx>

Despite very unfavourable A/K indices, I was taken aback with the good conditions this morning. Great audio up and down the band....better than many "average" Sept/Oct mornings with 2nd and 3rd tier channels often yielding some audio. JJ and KK seemed to be in well with signals much stronger than usual. One exception, though, was the rather poor/fair performance for JOAK 594 compared to everyone else. It rated a "7" at 15:24. 1575 is very strong as well. Easily a 9. Would have sworn things would have been poor! Unfortunately with a sizeable number of deliveries lately, don't have the time this morning to really go through things as much as I would have liked. Hopefully this bodes well for Chuck Hutton's and my upcoming DXpedition to Winter Harbour, on the north west coast of Vancouver Island!.....Walt