Re: [IRCA] Ultralight Radio Anniversary Award for... me

Re: [IRCA] Ultralight Radio Anniversary Award for... me

Do not know what to say - totally unexpected...

Thanks!

This is kind of a double-whammy day for emotional highs...
This award... and getting my Amateur Radio Certificate in
the mail... today.

There was a time that I have been known to wax eloquent
about "the good old days" of the late seventies when DX
Clubs were in their salad days; SPEEDX, IRCA, CIDX...
The NRC, the NAWSA etc... the highlight of the month would
be running to the mailbox to unfurl the latest issue of
whatever was coming.

I never, ever thought I would see those days again - and
the energy, fraternity and excitement that went along with it.

Gary Debock, Guy Atkins, Steve Ratzlaff and John Bryant (and many others) have
dug deep into their hearts and pockets and tool-boxes to take the radio
hobby to a whole new level - completely revitalizing a pass time that was on
a bit of a slide.

They have done it. You have all done it.

These are the good old days. These are the days you will remember.

Thank you very much everyone.
--
Colin Newell - Editor - Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada